Vegan Jackfruit Tacos
Think going vegan will be uninspiring? Think again. Introducing the wonderful little ingredient – Jackfruit. It is often said that jackfruit has a similar texture to slow cooked chicken or pulled pork, so it is perfect to load into these Mexican inspired tacos.
These fajitas take less than 5 mins to prep and then just whack in the oven and assemble.
1 white onion
2 cloves garlic
Handful red cabbage
Canned Young Jackfruit
2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp vegan sour cream
6 corn tacos
1 tsp olive oil*
- Slice the onion down the middle and then slice into half-moons. Deseed the pepper and slice into thin strips. Add veggies to a baking tray lined with tinfoil.
- Drain the canned jackfruit and add to the onions and peppers.
- Mix with oil and chilli powder or spice mix of your preference.
- Roast until golden brown (about 20 mins at 200c).
- Meanwhile, slice the cabbage and mince garlic.
- Mix garlic with sour cream.
- Once the veggies are done, turn the oven off and warm your tacos for a few minutes until soft.
- Assemble each taco with a spoon of the roasted veggies & jackfruit, a small handful of cabbage, sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
- Add coriander for presentation.