Turmeric Tofu and Wild Rice
A quick and healthy recipe…
Turmeric has many, many benefits, especially if you are suffering from inflammation, or are a little under the weather. Inflammation can be caused by many things, not just being unwell, but from over indulging, dehydration, over training and food intolerances. Adding small changes to your diet such as adding in turmeric can be beneficial to your body, but not over stress your mind. Try this recipe!
- 40g uncooked wild or brown rice
- 100g tofu chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 juice of lime
- 80g broccoli, chopped
- 10 sugar snap peas
- 1 pak choy
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Coriander (optional)
- 1tsp lazy garlic
- Place tofu on a kitchen towel to soak up excess water.
- Cook the rice in water on the hob for approx. 20 minutes until soft and cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the tofu into small cubes and place on a separate pan so to gently cook until they are brown
- Add the turmeric and soy sauce after 5 minutes
- Stir fry the veg and garlic in a pan with the coconut oil
- Add the tofu and the rice
- Once cooked, serve on a plate
Siobhan and the Beattitude Team