Hot Chia Seed Berry Breakfast Bowl
The good bits…
Chia seeds contain high levels of omega 3 and are a good source of good fats which are essential for hormone function. We tend to be quite high in our omega 6s and 9s but not in our 3s as they are usually found in foods like bone marrow, fish, seaweed, brains – foods that most of us don’t eat regularly enough – so we could probably do with a little boost. So, why not swap bone marrow for a chia seed breakfast bowl to help you get more balance.
Better balance means;
- More energy
- Better mood
- Better weight management
- Better sleep
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 250ml coconut milk
- small handful of berries
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Small sprinkle of coconut sugar
- Pour the chia seeds and milk into a pan, place on the stove and heat gently.
- Stir for approx 5-6 mins until the chia seeds have soaked up some of the milk and are soft and porridge-like.
- Place the coconut oil into another pan and heat until melted.
- Pour the chia seeds into a bowl and place the berries on top.